The acronym – AIDS – stands for:
- Acquired: implies that you get it from an external source
- Immune: meaning that one is protected from certain infections
- Deficiency: depleted, impaired functioning, weakening
- Syndrome: constellation of symptoms, signs or diseases
- What is HIV?
- What are the different strains?
- How is HIV transmitted?
- The Link between STIs and HIV
- The Link between Substance Abuse and HIV Transmission
- What are the clinical features of HIV?
- How is HIV managed?
- How is HIV prevented?
- What are the clinical features of AIDS?
- What are opportunistic infections?
- How is AIDS managed?