The Link between STIs and HIV
If Sexually Transmitted Infections [STI’s] are present, a person is more susceptible to contracting HIV due to the presence of other bacteria and lesions or sores that provide a perfect entry point. The presence of STIs are also a clear indication of unprotected sex taking place, making the individual vulnerable to contracting HIV.
It is important to note two things:
- WSW do get STI’s and
- STI’s in women often go unnoticed and undiagnosed.
It is important that we know the signs of different STI’s and go to our doctor or clinic if we think we may have a STI.
- What is HIV?
- What are the different strains?
- How is HIV transmitted?
- The Link between STIs and HIV
- The Link between Substance Abuse and HIV Transmission
- What are the clinical features of HIV?
- How is HIV managed?
- How is HIV prevented?
- What are the clinical features of AIDS?
- What are opportunistic infections?
- How is AIDS managed?