“If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.” – Andrew Carnegie
Bored and frustrated with your job or career? We all need to reevaluate sometimes. Here are some tips to help you set career goals.
• Review your skills, work experience and education. Identify activities / elements you find energising or enjoyable
• Think of the skills you enjoy using: Draw up a preferred skills list.
• Research careers you find interesting, and measure them against your preferred skills list.
• Which of your friends’ jobs seem interesting? Ask them about it.
• Set up job shadowing options with contacts.
• Volunteer to gain experience.
• Consider further education: Take a course or class online.
• Talk to a career counsellor.
If you need advice or support:
– Ask Dr Delicious your questions here
– or get FREE face-to-face counselling at the TEN81 Centre in Pretoria (Book now on 066 190 5812)
– or FREE telephonic counselling nationwide (066 190 5812)