As we deal with the COVID-19 lockdown, many of us are going through a tough time staying at home. Here are some tips on how to manage loneliness during social isolation.
• Stay connected to friends and family through messaging, voice and video calling apps.
• It is okay to take a break from social media. Strike a balance.
• Limit the amount of news you take in per day.
• Start keeping a daily journal about your feelings, thoughts and activities. Focus on gratitude.
• Keep a daily schedule and routine, including time for self-care, exercise, meals etc…
• Get rid of unrealistic expectations.
• When feeling especially anxious, lonely or depressed, acknowledge the feeling and practice deep breathing or meditation.
• Call someone you trust and tell them how you feel. Let them know they only have to listen.
If you need advice or support:
– Ask Dr Delicious your questions here
– Get telephone or Skype counselling from TEN81 in Pretoria (book now on 012 430 3272 / 066 190 5812)