“Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.” – Mother Teresa.
Here are some tips on dealing with loneliness, courtesy of the TEN81 Centre in Pretoria.
• Realise that loneliness is a feeling, not a fact
• Notice your self-defeating thoughts, and change them
• Resist the urge to withdraw – reach out
• Make a plan and do something. Action fights negative feelings
• Find people with similar interests/hobbies, and join them
• Focus on the needs of others – volunteer to help
• Always show up when meeting someone, and be kind
If you need advice or support:
– Ask Dr Delicious your questions here
– or get FREE face-to-face counselling at the TEN81 Centre in Pretoria (Book now on 066 190 5812)
– or FREE telephonic counselling nationwide (066 190 5812)