- Thick white cottage-cheese like discharge;
- Redness or red patches around the labia’s and swelling of the vulva;
- Painful, frequent irritation and itching in and around the genitals;
- Discomfort on passing urine;
- Oral Candida;
- red throat
- difficulty in swallowing
- thrush on the mucosa of the mouth, throat and tongue
- Also known as “Thrush” or “Yeast” infection.
Most of the time, Candida infections of the mouth, skin, or vagina occur for no apparent reason. A common cause of infection may be the use of antibiotics that destroy beneficial, as well as harmful, microorganisms in the body, permitting Candida to multiply in their place. Candida infections are very common in women.
Causes Candida albicans cause inflammation (redness and swelling) of the labia’s and vagina. A Candida infection can spread to the anus as well. If practicing unprotected oral sex, the yeast infection can spread to the mouth and digestive system. Treatment/ Management Topical ointment, oral solution and in severe case anti-fungal drugs. Common in people infected with HIV.